Michelle has a son who's about two weeks younger than Anselm, so it's been fun to compare notes. She also has a daughter, who turned four in December. That means she was born in (count with me here) 2010.
Now, let's try and remember what happened in 2010:
- Haiti gets hit by a brutal earthquake
- The Vancouver Olympics happen and all of Canada screams in unison (We love you, Sidney Crosby)
- Eyjafjallajokull (which I did not know how to pronounce then and do not know how to pronounce now) erupts
- BP Oil runs into some trouble off the Louisiana coast
- Spain wins the World Cup
- The Chilean miners get trapped, and then rescued
And, what was it? -- oh yes,
- The Twilight series, featuring Bella, the twittiest twit in all of literature, hits the peak of its popularity.
Guess what Michelle's daughter is named?
(It may be coincidence, of course... but I'm glad that I decided I liked her before I found out her child's name.)