(1) Somewhere in Pennsylvania, I observed the first scarlet leaves of, um, summer.
(2) Went to the Barnes Foundation Museum on Sunday. Saw 181 Renoirs, almost 70 Cézannes, also numerous Matisse paintings, Soutine, Picasso, Rousseau, etc. Renoir I like very much. Matisse I do not like at all. Soutine I like. Rousseau I don't think was particularly good at doing faces, but I think I liked his stuff overall. And thus concludes your armchair tour of Impressionism.
(3) Also saw my new favourite painting in the world ever, for which I cannot find a representation online. It's called something like "Two Women on the Shore, Mediterranean," and was painted in 1896 by French pointilist painter Henri-Edmund Cross. It's gorgeous. And I didn't even remember to take a picture of it . . .
(4) The sun makes me sad. I have gotten overheated two days in a row (not burned, just too hot for too long) and have been sadly crawling around the house feeling cold and sleepy.
(5) But on the plus side, there are lots and lots of books to read here!